Inspection and Testing
(Electrical Installation Condition Reporting)
Many people do not realise electrical installations deteriorate with through use or age and that inspection and testing can inform you of the condition of your fixed wiring
As part of the inspection and testing work I undertake, customers are supplied with a detailed 7 page electrical condition report together with photographs and explanations describing any deficiencies identified within the fixed wiring. This will:
- Reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment are overloaded.
- Find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards.
- Identify any defective electrical work.
- Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding.
A wide range of tests are undertaken to comply with current Health and Safety legislation. All testing is carried out in accordance with the Institution of Engineering and Technology 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671 2018
Any of the following circumstances may mean the testing of your fixed wiring is appropriate:
After flood or fire damage
How often is a periodic inspection required?Your electrics should be inspected and tested (*):
- Every 10 years for an owner-occupied home.
- Every 5 years for Offices, shops, churches, village halls/community centres, pubs, rented homes
- Every 3 years for a caravan
- Annually for a swimming pool, launderette, caravan park
* Extract from BS7671 2018